The intent of spiritual direction is to create safe spaces so that you can explore your questions with God and lay out your concerns as you seek discernment about your life and find ways to listen to Him intentionally.
A Christian spiritual director has been trained as a listener to accompany you as you share about your spiritual journey- its ups and downs, helping you notice God’s fingerprints in your life and His activity along the way.
Spiritual direction is not counseling, coaching or therapy. It is meant to compliment rather than compete with these other vital ministries.
As a spiritual director in spiritual care, I can:
- Listen with you as you seek God’s face and presence
- Keep open a safe space for you – to notice God’s love, care and constancy through all of the ups and downs of life’s circumstances.
- Continually lift you before God when you struggle with issues that aren’t solved quickly or easily – logistics, planning, life circumstances or whatever else you might be facing.
- Celebrate God’s work of transformation with you and for you.
- Value you and love you in Christ and enjoy giving you that gift in Jesus name.
- Pray continually, giving thanks and walk alongside you in the process.
- Help you look for ways to shed shame, fear and anger or others stumbling blocks in your life.
- Find freedom, peace and calm as you develop more and more Sacred Moments
From time to time, prayers or ways to pray will be added to this section.
This is an article I wrote recently on how to pray using your breathe as a way to connect with God and aware of His presence throughout the day.
My favorite go-to book right now is by my friends, Clare and Scott Loughridge and Adelle and Doug Calhoun
If you were only to have one reference book right now on prayer and spirituality, this is the book for you.
Even if you have not explored the Enneagram, this book is written in such a practicial, easy to access manner, that you will find ways to seek after God, yourself and even connect better with others.
You will be hearing more of this harmony idea in my blogs to come as we seek God together with all our hearts, minds and bodies.
This book is the one that will help us do that together.
This article and video by Marty Boller, s spiritual director and my spirituall director instructor, will give you more of a glimpse into Spiritual Direction.
The Welcome Prayer by Thomas Keating
Welcome, welcome, welcome
I welcome everything that comes today, because I know it is for my healing.
I welcome all thoughts, feelings, emotions, situations, and conditions.
I let go of my desire for power and control.
I let go of my desire for affection, esteem, approval and pleasure.
I let go of my desire for survival and security.
I let go of my desire to change any situation, condition, person or myself.
I open to the love and presence of God and God’s action within.
All rights reserved. Motions of the Soul